2nd International Acrobatics Convention Bearbeiten
France, 14th - 21st July 2009
Dates and Booking Bearbeiten
- from Tuesday (Arrival) July 14th to Tuesday (Departure) July 21st 2009
- (2 days after the end of the EJC 2009 south of Bilbao, app. 270km away)
- „St Eulalie en Born du Lac“, app. 70 km south-west of Bordeaux, Southern France
- international exchange and free training, as well as workshops with international artists, mostly on partner-acrobatics, but also on other circus disciplines.
- For whom:
- all interested adult acrobats, as well as children and adolescents
- 290,- euros per adult, incl. food and camping in own tent
- 220,- euros for persons between 10 and 18 years old
- 120,- euros for persons under 10 years old
- 45,- per day
Persons who wish to bring a car/camping car/etc. on top of or instead of a tent, require extra electricity, etc. must pay the difference (check the price list on www.lecampingdulac.com).
- per email at firstname.lastname@example.org You will then receive a confirmation with the details for payment.
- Money must have been received by us on May 31st at latest! Otherwise your place will be taken by people on the waiting list...!
Detailed Information about the Acrobatics Convention Bearbeiten
The meeting will take place in „St. Eulalie en Born du Lac“, app. 70km south west of Bordeaux. The site of the convention is located directly next to a big campsite, itself situated less than 100m from the large "Etang de Biscarrosse" lake and otherwise very isolated. There is a sandy beach at the lake, where it is possible to play volleyball. Acrobatic can be easily practiced in the water, as the banks are very shallow. For more information on the campsite, please look under: www.lecampingdulac.com
We are expecting 130 circus-enthusiasts, adults, adolescents and children. Because we will cook ourselves and we find that such a size for the festival guarantees a friendly, personal meeting, we will not overstep that number of partipants!!! Make sure you make your reservation in time through email and payment!
Our quarters will be located directly next to the campsite. We will dispose of our own big field with a few oaktrees and lots of stag beetles. Many of your tents will not have a place in the shadow, because we wish to reserve that space for training and daytime activities. Still, the site is ideal for such a meeting, and one can say that it is even better than the one in Croatia last year. Kitchen equipment will be on hand from the children-circus Waldoni, wo will establish camp right after us. If you come with a camping car, you will be stationed next to the tents somewhere on the field. Toilets and showers are to be found in the directly neighbouring campingsite. If you must bring a dog, it will require a pass that costs 2,10 euro per day.
At this season, the weather there is great, and if it does rain, it goes by quickly thanks to the nearness of the sea. In other words, there is nearly never bad weather! And if that was the case after all, we can take refuge under the eating-tent (10x5). However, there are no backup halls Although temperatures during the day are usually around 25 to 35 Celsius, in can get very cold at night! In any case, take a warm sleeping bag with you. There will be a hot meal every day in the evening, which will be prepared by our kitchen crew. For Breakfast and Lunch, buffets will be served.
We have invited professional artists to the festival, who will organise the daily workshops, at different levels. The main orientation of the workshops will again be partner acrobatics; but we will also plan workshops in other circus disciplines, such as juggling, trapeze, cloth, tightrope, as well as pedagogical workshops.
Provisional daily planning of the acrobatics convention This planning is only for orientation. It will be adapted to the conditions, the requirements of the workshops' leader and the interests of the participants.
- 7:30 - 8:00 Yoga
- 8:00 - 9:30 Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:30 Warming Up
- 9:30 - 10.00 Handstand
- 10:00 - 11:30 Workshop-Bloc 1
- 11:30 - 13:00 Workshop-Bloc 2
- 13:30 - 14:30 Lunch/Buffet
- 14:30 - 17:00 Midday-Break
- 17:00 - 18:30 Workshop-Bloc 3
- 18:30 - 20:00 Workshop-Bloc 4
- 20:00 - 21:00 Dinner
We state expressly, that you participate to the meeting at your own risks and that we cannot take any legal responsability! Persons under the age of 18 who are not accompanied by an adult require a signed authorisation from their legal guardian.
An open stage is planned at the end of the week (probably on July 20th); in other words, everyone who wishes can present an act on stage, or show off some of the things learned during the week. The show will take place near the lake, where probably many spectators from the campsite will attend.
You can find more information on the meeting on our homepage: www.duo-unwucht.de > Schnäpchen > Convention > IAC
If you have any ideas, which could improve the meeting, talk to us about them in advance! We hope for a wonderful acrobatics meeting in your company, with many people and as many new, diverse artistic ideas!
Greetings from Jasper and Thorsten!!!